Category Archives: Software

Quietly Complaining

I’m switching from DSL to cable internet.  It’s not so much that I prefer cable internet (in fact, I like the ease of the home DSL install) but our house is in the middle of town and conveniently too far from the central offices on either side of town.  It’s only like a 2 block […]

Posted in Software | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Windows Update Stalling/Stuck/Hang at “Searching for Updates”

No time for introductions. I spent way too much time today trying for get Windows Update to work on a laptop.  When the “Searching for updates” screen would come on, sometimes the progress bar would be empty, other times it would run and run until it failed. I tried CCleaner and reinstalled the Windows Update […]

Also posted in Computer Fixin' | Tagged , , , | 1 Response